The Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Forestry was an
Australia-wide joint venture supported by the forestry industry,
research organisations, state agencies and the Australian
Government. Our mission was to support a sustainable and vibrant
Australian forestry industry through research, education,
communication and collaboration.
- to be recognised as a world-leading collaborative forestry
- to be the organisation of choice to conduct and coordinate
strategic research on key issues for the Australian forestry
- to be a trusted and reliable source of information and analysis
of science-based knowledge relating to forests and forestry in
The CRC was a working partnership built upon a foundation of 21
years of successful collaboration amongst the nation’s
leading forest research organisations, companies and government
agencies. We were passionately committed to the growth of a
socially responsible and ecologically sustainable industry.
Our core values
- world-class science and innovation
- impact and accountability
- strength and quality through partnerships
- open and honest communication
- good governance
- continuous improvement.